Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hopes for India

I've told you about some of the great things of India. Of course, every country always has ways to get better. Whenever I go to India, I enjoy people dancing on the streets, the daily processions, and most of all the food. My family is great and I just love the feeling when I'm there of happiness. However, wherever I travel in India, I always see many slums and tents, where the improvished live and sleep. Since India is overpopulated and is the second populous nation of the world, it has a lot of people, and does not have the infrastructe to support the poor and build shelters and housing. I hope one day, India can have organizations like Red Cross or Salvation Army, who are dedicating to supporting people who have no place to go. Also, the demand for labor in India is low due to the amount of people there are in India. I hope that one day India will provide relief to the people in poverty, and one day establish relief centers and help people find jobs. I love India, and I want the best for the country of my origin, and hope one day they can improve their situation, and effectively reduce the amount of impoverished people.

Click on this link: BBC Documentary of Slums to watch a video about lives in the slums of India.

No comments:

Post a Comment